Thai Salmon Seafood Broth
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 1 stalk of lemongrass finely chopped ( use only the bottom 7 cms)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (fresh or dried)
- 1-2 small red chilies, minced OR 1/2 tsp. dried crushed chili (to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger chopped finely or grated
- 12-14 large uncooked prawns
- 2 small Salmon fillets cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp.Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1/2 green or red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 can coconut milk (to taste)
- Juice 1 lime
- Packet of Chinese rice noodles (or plain noodles)
- Large handful chopped fresh coriander, and spring onions to garnish
- Cook the noodles to instructions and set aside.
- Heat oil in the large Saucepan fry the onion, lemongrass, garlic and chillies.
- Add the stock and bring to simmer.
- Add the soy sauce, Thai Fish sauce, peppersand then add the seafood and poach till cooked about 3-4 minutes (salmon will be opaque and prawns will turn pink, if using mussels they will open)
- Add the noodles and coconut milk, lime juice and simmer for 2 minutes
- Taste the soup you can add more chilli and/or fish sauce (instead of salt) as desired.
- Once you have the taste that you require add the spring onion, serve in bowls with fresh coriander sprinkled over the top.