Serves 4, Prep time 10mins, Cooking time 15 mins
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 500g dried pasta
- 100g black olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley – to serve
- Large pan for cooking pasta
- Frying pan for sauce
- Heat the olive oil gently in the pan add the chopped garlic, the dried chili flakes, and 8 chopped anchovy fillets.
- As it cooks the anchovies will start to disintegrate.
- At this stage turn up the heat and add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook 500g of pasta according to the instructions on the packet
- When the sauce is ready, stir in the black olives and capers, then toss with the lightly drained pasta.
- Dress with chopped parsley and serve.
At the moment it's not always easy to get to the shops. So here is one of our all-time favourite store cupboard ingredient fish dishes.
This is a big, flavoursome sauce. It tastes spicy and salty, so don’t be afraid, you have to bold with these ingredients. However, don’t serve with parmesan as it can overdo the saltiness of the dish.