Loch Creran oysters with caviar pearls
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
To make this delicious meal, you will need the following
- 6 Portions
- 6 each Loch Creran oysters closed in their shell
- 60g Unsalted butter
- 30g Finely chopped shallots
- Ground Pepper
- 5cl Russian Vodka
- 10cl Double Cream
- 1 Free range egg yolk
- 5cl Semi whipped cream
- 15g Caviar Pearls
- Rock Salt
- Shuck the oysters and remove from their shells and place into a stainless steel bowl ensuring no shell is on the flesh.
- Place some butter into a saucepan and gently heat through, add the shallots and cook without colouring.
- Take the oysters and add to the shallots and cook for 30 seconds before adding the Russian Vodka.
- Remove the oysters and keep warm in a touch of the cooking liquor
- Add the double cream and reduce by one half
- Take off the heat and season to taste
- Place in the egg yolk and fold in the cream
- Place the cooked oysters back into their shells and nappe with sauce
- Glaze under a hot grill and place onto a serving plate with the rock salt as a base
- Garnish with the caviar pearls and serve immediately
Prep and Cook time
Carefully 6 Oysters – 6 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins.
It would be best to use a proper shucking knife if you have one.