Linguine with Crab and Chili Sauce
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 packet of fresh or dried linguine
- 3 tbsp of rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 red chili (deseeded and chopped)
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Hand Picked Crab Meat(about 400g crab meat)
- 1 tsp of capers drained and rinsed
- 200ml of single cream
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of chives/parsley to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet until it is al dente; still has a little bite.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan and gently fry the garlic chilli and lemon rind for 3-4 mins until softened but not browned.
- Add the crab meat, capers, lemon juice and cream and simmer for 1-2 mins to heat through. Season with a couple of twists of freshly milled black pepper.
- Put the pasta into slightly warmed serving bowls and put the crab mixture on top, sprinkle with chives to garnish.