Squid is such a great and underused ingredient, you can buy fresh from your fishmonger or use frozen. This summery squid is great on the BBQ –to Zing it up serve with a tangy lime and chilli dressing!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Recipe by: Seafish
This summery squid is great on the BBQ – serve it with a tangy lime and chilli dressing!
- 500g prepared and cleaned squid
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove, finely chopped
- Small bunch fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pak choi, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Preheat a barbecue or a griddle pan.
- Cut the squid into pieces about 6cm x 6cm and score in a criss cross pattern with a sharp knife.
- Make up the chilli dressing: mix together 2 tbsp of the olive oil, the lime juice, chilli, garlic, herbs and a little seasoning.
- Brush the squid with a little olive oil and cook on the barbecue or in a griddle pan for 1-2 minutes on either side until the squid is opaque. Be careful not to overcook!
- Put the pak choi and cucumber on a serving platter and top with the squid, spooning the dressing over and scattering with the pomegranate seeds, if using.
Recipe and pictures courtesy of Seafood.org
Nutrition information Per serving
- 10.7g fat
- 1.7g saturates
- 3.3g carbohydrate
- 1.5g sugars
- 1.6g fibre
- 20.7g protein
- 0.5g salt